PRACTICAL CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT - GLEN PEARSALL
Teachers need quick effective ways to address off task behaviour so they can concentrate on helping students learn. This workshop explores classroom tested strategies for teaching students a responsible approach to their studies. These include:
- low key interventions for getting students back on track without taking up valuable teaching time
- routines to help avoid off task behaviour - particularly at the start of lessons, during transition between activities and other times of potential distraction
- non-verbal techniques for addressing interruptions and encouraging responsible behaviour
- calming and face saving techniques for de-escalating conflict and maintaining positive relationships
- strategies for getting students to acknowledge their behaviour and take ownership of acting responsibly.
These strategies will be demonstrated by one of Australia’s leading teacher coaches and illustrated with video examples from actual classes.The goal of this session is for members to walk away with techniques that they can use immediately in their everyday classes.
TIME: 5.00pm - 7.00pm
NON MEMBERS $80
***TO REGISTER CLICK HERE. PLEASE DON'T USE THE RSVP BUTTON***
Completing Practical Classroom Management will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 4.2.2; 4.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.