CHALLENGING & INTERRUPTING HOMOPHOBIC &TRANSPHOBIC BEHAVIOUR
**THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY FULL**
We will run this course again in Term 3.
This course will build the skills and confidence of teachers and support staff to challenge bullying and other inappropriate behaviours and creative support learning environments. Participants will:
- understand definitions of homophobic and transphobic behaviours,
- including the impact of these on students and the school community
- hear personal stories and analysis case studies
- explore a model of inclusivity
- explore ways to interrupt and challenge homophobic and transphobic language and bullying
- continue development of an Action Plan.
Completing Challenging and interrupting and transphobic behaviour will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD address- ing 1.1.2, 1.3.2, 3.5.2 and 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.