UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING GENDER DIVERSITY
Teachers and support staff participating in this course will:
- develop tools and techniques for giving support to gender diverse and transgender young people in educational settings
- have a thorough understanding of gender diversity and the correct terminology and language to use
- explore the impacts of transphobia on a student
- hear personal stories and analyse case studies
- continue development of an Action Plan.
Completing Understanding and Supporting Gender Diversity will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 1.3.2, 3.5.2 and 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.