Teachers and support staff participating in this course will:
- develop tools and techniques for giving support to gender diverse and transgender young people in educational settings
- have a thorough understanding of gender diversity and the correct terminology and language to use
- explore the impacts of transphobia on a student
- hear personal stories and analyse case studies
- continue development of an Action Plan.
Completing Understanding and Supporting Gender Diversity will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 1.3.2, 3.5.2 and 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
To RSVP use the RSVP button or email Marie-Claude Guilbault on firstname.lastname@example.org call 1800 467 943 or 02 8202 8900.