SEXUALITY AND GENDER DIVERSITY
This course is for teachers and support staff who wish to positively support students who are same sex attracted, intersex or gender diverse (SSAIGD). Case studies will be presented and analysed specific to an educational context and research and further links to explore will be provided. At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- describe sex, gender and sexuality using a holistic and inclusive framework
- show awareness of legal and policy frameworks that protect students and translate these to an educational context
- understand the impacts of homophobia and transphobia, including the role of
- teacher and staff as a supportive or risk factor in the lives of young SSAIGD people.
- start development of an Action Plan that identifies strategies to increase
- supportiveness and inclusivity of the school/centre to improve outcomes for SSAIGD students, staff and community members.
Completing Sexuality and gender diversity will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 1.3.2, 3.5.2 and 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintainingProficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
To RSVP use the RSVP button or email Marie-Claude Guilbault on firstname.lastname@example.org call 1800 467 943 or 02 8202 8900.