CHALLENGING & INTERRUPTING HOMOPHOBIC &TRANSPHOBIC BEHAVIOUR
This course will build the skills and confidence of teachers and support staff to challenge bullying and other inappropriate behaviours and creative support learning environments. Participants will:
- understand definitions of homophobic and transphobic behaviours,
- including the impact of these on students and the school community
- hear personal stories and analysis case studies
- explore a model of inclusivity
- explore ways to interrupt and challenge homophobic and transphobic language and bullying
- continue development of an Action Plan.
Completing Challenging and interrupting and transphobic behaviour will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD address- ing 1.1.2, 1.3.2, 3.5.2 and 4.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
To RSVP use the RSVP button or email Marie-Claude Guilbault on email@example.com call 1800 467 943 or 02 8202 8900.