EARLY STAGE 1, STAGE 1: MANAGING ANXIETY DURING CHALLENGING TIMES
In the past months, Australian students have been affected by drought, bushfires, floods and now a pandemic. Staff have also been affected by these events.
The IEU has worked with psychologist Helen Tsamoulous to create a course specifically designed for teachers working with students in early Stage 1 and Stage 1.
This course will cover:
· Understanding how anxiety presents in K-2 students
· The Thinking-Feeling-Behaviour cycle and recognising and then assisting studnets with managing unhelpful thoughts
· Discussing facts about Covid-19 in a child friendly way by visualisign and verbalising and using cartoons
· Strength based activities to encourage coping and resilience
· The changing face of Stage 1 education in uncertain times and helping parents help children
· Talking about balance, consistency and structure
· Reflecting on positive growth experiences
· Self care for teachers/support staff during times of stress and adjustment.
Completing Early Stage 1, Stage 1: Managing Anxiety during Challenging Times will contribute 2 hours of NESA registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 4.4.2 and 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Please email Marie-Claude Guilbault on firstname.lastname@example.org if RSVP button is not working.