STAGES 2 AND 3: HELPING STUDENTS MANAGE UNCERTAINTY AND ADJUSTMENTS RELATING TO COVID-19
In the past months, Australian students have been affected by drought, bushfires, floods and now a pandemic. Staff have also been affected by these events.
The IEU has worked with psychologist Helen Tsamoulous to create a course specifically designed for teachers working with students in Stages 2 and 3.
This course will cover:
· Internalising vs externalising: understanding how anxiety presents in years 3-6 students
· Identifying and reframing unhelpful thoughts
· Discussing facts about Covid-19 and drawing links to overcoming other challenges
· Strength based activities to encourage coping and resilience
· Teaching motivation, goal setting and independent learning strategies
· Optimising adaptive behaviour strategies
· Talking about balance, consistency and structure
· Reflecting on positive growth experiences
· Self care for teachers/support staff during times of stress and adjustment
Completing Stage 2 and 3: Helping students manage uncertainty and adjustment relating to COVID19 will contribute 2 hours of NESA registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 3.1.2, 4.4.2 and 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Please email Marie-Claude Guilbault on email@example.com or call 1800 467 943 or 02 8202 8900 if RSVP button is not working.