STAGE 4 to 6 TEENAGERS COPING WITH ANXIETY AROUND COVID-19
Over the past six months, Australian students have been affected by drought, bushfires, floods and now a pandemic. Staff have also been significantly affected by these events.
The IEU has worked with psychologist, Helen Tsamoulous, to create a course specifically designed for teachers working with students in Stages 4 to 6.
This course will cover:
- anxiety and depression, how they’re linked and signs to watch
- discussing COVID-19 with teenagers
- strategies and activities to encourage coping and resilience
- the role of responsibility and ownership of the learning journey and a focus on self direction
- reflecting on challenges and implementing a growth mindset
- self care for teachers and support staff during times of stress and adjustment.
Completing Stage 4 to 6 Teenagers coping with anxiety around Covid19 will contribute 2 hours of NESA registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 3.1.2, 4.4.2 and 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Please email Marie-Claude Guilbault on email@example.com or call 1800 467 943 or 02 8202 8900 if RSVP button is not working.