Extensive selection of free online early childhood courses for members
The IEU has an exclusive offer of free online professional development (PD) with TLN for all early childhood members, including casuals.
The course list for these free NESA accredited courses is extensive.
Included in the program of online course are:
- Reflecting the context of your preschool community – discussion
- Including children with autism spectrum disorder in preschool routines
- Putting elements of the EYLF into practice
- Shared sustained thinking with preschool children
- Breaking the chains of the Early Learning Frameworks – discussion
- Self-assessment practices with preschool children
- Voice care
- Incorporating Aboriginal perspectives
- Preschool composting
- Symbolic leadership in early childhood – creating a dynamic learning culture
- Including literacy throughout the preschool
- Building warm relationships with preschool families
- Counselling students effectively
- Storytelling in preschools
- Practical recycling processes for preschool
- Songlines, and
- Human leadership in early childhood – building the skills of your people.
This free PD for IEU early childhood members will allow you to stay on top of current issues in early years education, both with your professional learning and with maintaining your teacher accreditation.
As an IEU early childhood member you can register for TLN PD by following this link www.tln.org.au
- Click on courses
- Select Early Childhood
- Chose course you wish to participate in
- Enter your email address, click next
- Click Individual TLN member
- Enter your IEU member number in School/Service and fill rest with appropriate information click next
TLN will verify your membership with the IEU NSW/ACT Branch. It may take 24-48 hours for you to receive an email confirming your place in the course.
Let your colleagues know about this exclusive benefit to IEU members. It represents $250 value and it is part of what your Union does for you.
TLN is a not for profit professional development provider supported by the Australian Education Union (AEU - Victorian Branch) and the Independent Education Union of Australia (Victoria Tasmania Branch) to provide professional learning for education workers.
In 2017, TLN will provide more than 30 programs specifically designed for the early childhood sector. Most courses are NESA registered (formerly called QTC registered with NESA).