The IEU endorses a 'Yes' vote for the Sydney archdiocese principals' enterprise agreement
Sydney Catholic Schools will distribute the EA to be voted on by principals. The vote will occur between 7.00am Wednesday 8 March 2017 and 5.00pm Tuesday 14 March 2017.
Following several months of negotiations with Sydney Catholic Schools, the IEU has reached agreement on the PRINCIPALS (ARCHDIOCESE OF SYDNEY) ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT 2017-2019 (the EA). Sydney Catholic Schools will distribute the EA to be voted on by principals. The vote will occur between 7.00am Wednesday 8 March 2017 and 5.00pm Tuesday 14 March 2017.
The EA largely reflects the existing enterprise agreement but with some improvements.
On the basis of these recent discussions and the now agreed wording of the EA, the IEU STRONGLY RECOMMENDS a 'YES' vote for the EA, noting the following benefits:
- Pay rises of 2.5 per cent per annum over the term of the EA, with more significant increases in some instances
- Continuation of a classification structure that recognises both the size of the school and principals' experience
- Automatic appointment for principals to the second incremental step of the Level in small primary schools (up to 449 students) (for Principals appointed on a permanent basis)
- Greater clarity around progression and contract renewal processes, including in situations where the employer has not advanced the process in a timely manner
- Clarification around classification and progression when principals change schools in the Archdiocese
- Protection until the end of the current contract period if enrolments decline to a lower salary band level
- A commitment to the equitable and transparent resourcing of professional learning opportunities for principals
THE IEU BELIEVES THAT A “YES” VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE EA WILL PROTECT AND ADVANCE THE INTERESTS OF PRINCIPALS OVER THE COMING THREE YEARS.
You are welcome to contact the IEU's Principals' Organiser Pam Smith if there is anything you would like to discuss further. The Union thanks our principal members for their support in this process.