The curriculum review terms of reference extend from the purpose of school, through to what is it we want students to know, understand and do, to how to organise the structure and design of the curriculum.
A large brief. To date, certain themes are emerging:
- the amount of mandated content teachers have to cover
- the many additional ‘asks’ of schools
- a high priority to be given to 21st century skills – working with others, being creative, critical thinking, problem solving and using technology
- that senior schooling is dominated by university entry provisions and that other pathways should be valued more highly, and
- that student progress should be recognised rather than age based expectations.
The final report will be delivered towards the end of 2019. Your feedback is welcome.
Contact Pam Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org