2019 IEU Environment Grants sponsored by TMB
It’s the third year that these highly successful IEU/TMB Environment Grants have been awarded.
More than $30,000 has been awarded to schools, preschools and early learning centres through applications by IEU members (teachers and support staff).
These have gone to all sectors and in all locations, from Albury Wodonga to Dunedoo. Some of the successful grants have been profiled in Newsmonth and they have also provided valuable discussion during the 2018 Environmental TeachMeets.
This will soon be available as on demand NESA registered PD for all members.
- There are five Environment Grants of $3000 each to be awarded to schools and early childhood centres for environmental projects.
- IEU members are invited to apply on behalf of their schools, colleges or early childhood centres.
- Teachers Mutual Bank (TMB) has a proud history of funding education projects that bring sustainability projects to life and is the sole sponsor of this initiative.
- There is no definitive list of possible activities, but typical projects include habitat conservation, biodiversity and tree planting; outdoor learning areas; vegetable and kitchen gardens, organic produce; water and energy savings; waste, recycling and composting projects and Aboriginal cultural projects.
- Eligibility criteria include the long term viability of the project, a link to broader environmental education strategy and effective management of the project.
How to apply
- Link to application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G27YQNT
- Applications open: Monday 20 May 2019
- Applications close: Friday 21 June 2019
- Winners announced: Monday 5 August 2019
- Project implementation: Term 3 and Term 4 2019
- For more information/ to be notified when grants open, please email Betty Tan email@example.com
Stay tuned for more information about the IEU Environment Conference coming up in 2019. Join the IEU NSW/ACT Environmental Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704971859776174/