Evaluating Proficient Teacher Accreditation Focus Groups
NESA is conducting research aimed at supporting consistent judgements about practice at the Proficient Teacher level of the Standards.
In these focus groups, selected participants will analyse samples of evidence to identify a benchmark for practice at the Proficient Teacher level.
IEU encourages members interested in having a say in the future of the profession to apply to participate in a focus group. If you are successful in your application, remember to bring your union values with you.
To express interest in participating in a focus group, you need to:
- be accredited at Proficient Teacher or above
- have experience in making judgements about Proficient Teacher accreditation in your role as a principal, Teacher Accreditation Authority delegate or supervisor of provisionally/conditionally accredited teachers
- have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the practice described in the Standards for Proficient Teacher.
Lodge your expression of interest by 5:00pm 21 February 2020.
Selected participants will be contacted by 28 February 2020 and provided with venue details.
Completing Evaluating Proficient Teacher Accreditation Focus Group will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing Standard Descriptor 6.3.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Focus groups are from 4:00pm-6:00pm in the following locations:
- Monday 2 March 2020: Sydney CBD
- Tuesday 3 March 2020: Campbelltown
- Wednesday 4 March 2020: Sydney CBD
- Thursday 5 March 2020: Wollongong