Position vacant: IEU Professional Officer
IEU Professional Officer
The IEU is seeking to appoint a full time Professional Officer to commence from the beginning of Term 1 2021. The role is based in our Wattle Street Ultimo office.
The role requires:
- knowledge and understanding of the current educational landscape at national, state and territory levels, including current curriculum reform, and the capacity to respond to this education reform agenda
- familiarity with current Teacher Accreditation and Registration policies and practice in NSW and ACT.
- assisting officers and other staff to understand key issues in the educational agenda and provide support to members
- advising and responding on behalf of the union to NESA and TQI policies
- assisting in the development of union policies and campaigns related to educational issues
- advising and assisting members with individual accreditation matters including those arising under NESA and TQI and Experienced Teacher at ISTAA
- representation of members in relation to accreditation/registration matters
- writing and designing information packages
- hosting Professional Development events and developing professional learning courses (some PD may be outside normal working hours)
- participating in the general work of the union.
Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing and presentation skills; thorough knowledge and professional experience of accreditation processes; capacity to analyse and advise on policy related to NESA and TQI; adaptability to individual members’ needs; the capacity to work as part of a team; and well developed IT skills. An ability to understand and present a union perspective in performance of the job is essential as is a classroom teacher’s perspective in the role and liaising constantly with other union officers to ensure this.
The successful applicant will be appointed under contract by the Executive of the union and accountable to the Secretary in the first instance. Salary will be in accordance with the IEUA NSW/ACT Branch Officers’ salary scale that has links to Catholic school teachers’ rates. Starting salary is usually one incremental step above that which a member would currently earn.
The position will require some overnight travel and significant work outside of normal office hours.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm Thursday 24 September. Applications must be made in writing setting out background, experience and other relevant material that might support your application and forwarded to:
The Briscoe Building
485-501 Wattle Street
Ultimo NSW 2007