The IEU supports the Australian Teacher Workforce Data (ATWD) Teacher Survey
Australian Teacher Workforce Data (ATWD) initiative
The ATWD is a valuable national evidence-base that is providing important insight into how we can address key challenges in the teaching profession. The ATWD Teacher Survey, the largest survey of the teacher workforce in Australia, is an important part of this. See what the ATWD is showing us
The IEU supports the ATWD Teacher Survey
The ATWD Teacher Survey is the teacher voice in the ATWD. It provides an opportunity for teachers to share their unique experiences and insights, to help us understand how we can better support them and build a sustainable teaching profession that enables quality learning for every child.
Each year teachers across Australia are sharing their story through the ATWD Teacher Survey to help us understand everyday teaching experiences and challenges.
We encourage all teachers to complete the ATWD Teacher Survey
To truly understand the modern teaching experience, it’s important to hear from as many teachers as possible. Every teacher’s story matters.
How to participate
The ATWD Teacher Survey is a voluntary, 10-minute survey for all registered teachers and school leaders.
Registered teachers will have received an email invitation to participate in the ATWD Teacher Survey from the NSW Education Standards Authority on 2 September 2022.
Find out more here.
Insights from the ATWD
The ATWD will provide us with insight on a range of issues, including:
- how many hours are spent on teaching, preparing to teach and non-teaching activities
- whether our teachers’ qualifications and expertise are being fully utilised
- the challenges our teachers are facing and the rewarding experiences that mean they keep teaching
- the types of early career support that are likely to lead to a fulfilling career for our newer teachers
- what our teachers experience in progressing their career.
Links to ATWD information on AITSL’s website
Listed below are links to specific ATWD pages on AITSL’s website, including animated ‘explainer’ videos and ATWD reports and data. You are welcome to link to these as appropriate.
ATWD landing page www.aitsl.edu.au/atwd
- Published ATWD reports https://www.aitsl.edu.au/atwdreports
- ATWD Key Metrics Dashboard: https://www.aitsl.edu.au/atwd/key-metrics-dashboard
- ATWD privacy page: www.aitsl.edu.au/atwd/data-security-and-privacy
- ATWD Teacher Survey page: www.aitsl.edu.au/atwd/atwd-teacher-survey
- Video explainer – Understanding the ATWD: https://youtu.be/-BRGI35fMNU
- Video explainer – Privacy and the ATWD: https://youtu.be/XTifOzdAHMs